Mellerstain – famously celebrated as one of Robert Adam’s finest works
One of Scotland’s finest stately homes, this outstanding Georgian mansion house set in acres of parkland is a unique example of Adam design, begun in 1725 by Scottish architect William Adam and completed in 1778 by his more famous son, Robert. Some say this is one of Robert Adam’s finest works.
• Admire the classical perfection throughout this ‘stunning’ Adam house.
• View the fine art (Aikman, Gainsborough, Ramsay, van Dyck), embroidery, china and furniture collections.
• Relax in acres of parkland with prize winning gardens and lakeside/ woodland walks.
• Visit our Hebridean spring lambs in the East Paddock.
• Picnic as the kids have fun in the playground.
• Treat yourself in the coffee shop.
• Holiday with us in our self-catering cottages.
Guided tours, group visits and private events by prior appointment.
Approx 20 mins from the historic towns of Melrose & Kelso/ 1 hour from Edinburgh & Berwick-upon-Tweed.